The SilverCreator Plaza
Home Help Search Login RegisterCurrent time:  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
[Non-SC Release]Chosen : The Legacy of Gaelan (Read 6955 times)
Plaza Redd
YaBB Administrator

Press Command-Q to view
this member's profile.

Valletta, Malta
Re: Chosen : The Legacy of Gaelan
Reply #45 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 5:53pm

EqwanoX wrote on Oct 22nd, 2010 at 11:48am:
as a technical demo its pretty amazing, but theres not much to do right now. will there be a save feature?

The updates are there so I can fix/add content with time. Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Yeah, I just need to figure out how to make the game continue from a file upload.

Redd's Site

Carrots that want the never-fading raid in your heart, the cheese of Snow White Zorro, Carrots that want the hiding Eminem in a lamb. "Arthur!" they pray.

MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Snow Leopard v10.6.6
WWW 1171712979 reddsuiko reddsuiko  
IP Logged

EqwanoX
God Member

Reply #46 - Nov 1st, 2010 at 10:41am

i noticed your bussiness card has a glimpse of a full scale version of craige, are there any more full scale versions of the characters? can  you post them? its good your dad was able to do some more artwork, it adds alot of style to the game

1.6G5

IP Logged

Plaza Redd
YaBB Administrator

Press Command-Q to view
this member's profile.

Valletta, Malta
Reply #47 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 5:43pm

EqwanoX wrote on Nov 1st, 2010 at 10:41am:
i noticed your bussiness card has a glimpse of a full scale version of craige, are there any more full scale versions of the characters? can you post them? its good your dad was able to do some more artwork, it adds alot of style to the game

That's a friend's concept. She wanted to practice drawing so I gave her the characters to work on, which are going to be included in the game as soon as the important ones are done. I figured it'd be the best way to thank her for the time and effort.

Click for Character Concepts!

Dad is the one behind the location art, but he's being busy with other things lately so I'm not sure how many more I'll get out of him in the near future. I may reproduce the art in 3D just for fun.

As for the game proper: at the moment I'm making the move of turning the game into a web app. It turned out to be a lot easier than I thought, and if I do this right I can even launch the game on the iPhone. Cheesy

Redd's Site

Carrots that want the never-fading raid in your heart, the cheese of Snow White Zorro, Carrots that want the hiding Eminem in a lamb. "Arthur!" they pray.

IP Logged

Plaza Redd
YaBB Administrator

Press Command-Q to view
this member's profile.

Valletta, Malta
Reply #48 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 7:33pm

With regards to my previous iPhone release statement:

No code was ported, only fixed. The game is running in a UIWebView.

Redd's Site

IP Logged

Gandolf
God Member

YaBB 1G - SP1 loves me!

Reply #49 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 8:58pm

Genius! Nice work.
Are you able to save game data in a UIWebView?

-Gan

IP Logged

Plaza Redd
YaBB Administrator

Press Command-Q to view
this member's profile.

Valletta, Malta
Reply #50 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 2:25am

Gandolf wrote on Nov 3rd, 2010 at 8:58pm:
Genius! Nice work.
Are you able to save game data in a UIWebView?

If I'm correct UIWebView works like any browser window, so it's possible thanks to either a local database or local storage (I'm using the latter in the web app).

Edit: iPhone 3G lags terribly.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2010 at 9:05am by Plaza Redd »  

Redd's Site

IP Logged

Gandolf
God Member

YaBB 1G - SP1 loves me!

Reply #51 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 12:38pm

That's cruddy. If you want I could give you a crash course on Obj-C.
Or post up a simple source of a guy moving around by an on screen arrow pad.

-Gan

IP Logged

Plaza Redd
YaBB Administrator

Press Command-Q to view
this member's profile.

Valletta, Malta
Reply #52 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 8:09pm

Gandolf wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 12:38pm:
That's cruddy. If you want I could give you a crash course on Obj-C.
Or post up a simple source of a guy moving around by an on screen arrow pad.

It's the 3G processor's fault, I managed to run the game on an HTC phone running on 1GHz and it was nearly flawless. Right now my priority is completing this game in HTML5, I'll consider the next move when it's done. I'll be sure to take you up on your offer by then, thanks. Smiley

The main highlight of this post is the redesigned website, which I managed to pull off in about a week at school.

Redd's Site

IP Logged

EqwanoX
God Member

Re: [Non-SC Release]Chosen : The Legacy of Gaelan
Reply #53 - Dec 18th, 2010 at 9:16am

uh oh, graveyard.

whats so hard about programming enemies to attack? this was the same problem with the sc version from 4 years ago.

why release this in such an unfinished state. it needs shops to complete a "circle of gameplay", otherwise earning money is pointless, but to have shops means you have to have items, which shouldnt be to hard sinse theyre displayed by text, does the equipment system work? cause once you do that the game is pretty much complete, the rest is just adding more levels and shops which reuses the same code

whats chosen: hollows core?
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2010 at 9:18am by EqwanoX »  

1.6G5

IP Logged

Plaza Redd
YaBB Administrator

Press Command-Q to view
this member's profile.

Valletta, Malta
Reply #54 - Dec 18th, 2010 at 2:22pm

EqwanoX wrote on Dec 18th, 2010 at 9:16am:
uh oh, graveyard.

I haven't had the time to continue working on the game. College dropped two bombs/assignments (SAD, CP) on us last month and I've barely looked at the source code since. Tuesday is the deadline and Christmas recess starts the next day. I'll give the engine an overhaul then.

I'm leaving the thread for the time being since what's been happening is beyond my control.

whats so hard about programming enemies to attack? this was the same problem with the sc version from 4 years ago.

I ran into some bugs right before release and had to take the attack sequences out. They'll be in the update.

why release this in such an unfinished state. it needs shops to complete a "circle of gameplay", otherwise earning money is pointless, but to have shops means you have to have items, which shouldnt be to hard sinse theyre displayed by text, does the equipment system work? cause once you do that the game is pretty much complete, the rest is just adding more levels and shops which reuses the same code

It's work in progress; the plan was to add the remaining features/animations through updates, which I couldn't do thanks to school.

There are shops. The items list is complete at the time of this demo (166 entries in total).
The equipment system works, the damage calculation takes everything (weapon/armor) into consideration.

What's missing are the enemy attacks and story. Which I'm adding as soon as I have the time.

whats chosen: hollows core?

Soon.

Redd's Site

IP Logged

EqwanoX
God Member

Reply #55 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 9:17am

wow, its been 4 months, anything new?

1.6G5

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print